• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd Keyboard Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrdwrjnkie

OK guys, here's a good one;

A friend of mine has an old HP (800 celly) with a PS/2 keyb and mouse. Everytime she reboots she has to wait to get into windows, then unplug her keyboard and plug it back in before it will work. Odd thing is, it works fine in the BIOS. Is this some wierd windows issue that I've never seen, or could something be wrong with the keyboard? It's one of those HP ones with all the buttons on it that don't work.

Any info, ideas, etc. would be appreciated.

She needs to install the keyboard into windows with a disk that should have came with it,

Or HP should have provided a recovery CD that would install the keyboard,

I am guessing that in the recent past she/you formatted her system and reinstalled the OS.

Using the recovery CD will wipe ALL of her information off of her HDD. Check the Device Manager for IRQ conflicts. It is possible that Windows allowed a device to be assigned to the IRQ for the keyboard.

Do all of the buttons function properly? If not, you may have to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard. HPs support website may have the software necessary to regain functionality. Just enter the keyboard model number into the search engine and you should get all of the drivers and utilities that you need.

THIS is the result of such a search.

N_D

Back