• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200@1441 wtf??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimberWolfPro

Registered
SiSoftware Sandra memory bandwidth test is saying im only doing 1441mb/s....the comparison KT400 pc3200 on an XP is getting 2890...my mobo is set for DDR400 and the ram is running at over 400mhz...whats up with that?

Your ram should be running 1:1 w/the fsb(running in sync). Thus, the higher you raise your fsb, the higher your score will be. There's no point for your fsb to be at 133mhz, but your memory at 166 or 200mhz(using that as just an example)

Also, try setting your ram to the more agressive settings(cas 2 instead of 2.5). That will give you a higher score.

didnt see it anywhere...anyway lowered the ram clock speed and raised the FSB..got better results. but shouldnt i be able to go higher than 153? thats all i can get b4 a BSOD.

best way to unlock it?? ive seen one where they used a crayon to fill the pit and some window defegger for the conductive material...why cant i use a pencil like i did on my old t-bird?

TimberWolfPro said:
best way to unlock it?? ive seen one where they used a crayon to fill the pit and some window defegger for the conductive material...why cant i use a pencil like i did on my old t-bird?

I think it's b/c of the pits that are between the bridges. You have to fill that with super glue first(which is what I did), then connet the L1 bridges seperatly(conductive paint or defogger paint sold at auto stores)

I used the crayon/deffoger trick. 5 minutes. After you do that, lower the multi to a really low number and raise the fsb straight to 166. Taht's what I did and it's running awesome.

Back