• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone using the Swiftech pump relay switch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tuhran

Specifically, I ordered the PRS II (heavy duty) version, figuring that for the few bucks more, the extra quality would be worth it.
When I ordered from the online store, there were two listed with identical info and a $2 price difference. I ordered the cheaper of the two.
I get this thing, and it says it's the export version. Looking at the connections and wiring, I cannot see anything that would prevent me from hooking it up using US standards.
Since this little gadget will be responsible for turning on my pump, however, I'd like a little reassurance. I emailed Swiftech about all of this as soon as I received the switch, but have not heard from them.
Can any of you folks offer any information or advice?

...Help? (bump)

C'mon, fellas... I've just been reading a few other posts asking about relays.
I thought the Swiftech ones looked like a nice, neat pre-packaged setup. Am I the first one here to use one?
(Or just the first one here to accidentally order the export heavy-duty version?)

i have version 1 and the instructions showed how u can hook it up european or US. maybe u can find instruction for urs to hook it up US style.... good luck. i think u should be able to hook it up US style, u just gotta kno which wire goes to which....

I'd have to look at a pic of it to make sure, or tell me what it says on the relay, what the ratings are? But the 12V coil will be the same, so that will be fine. I'm pretty sure the european one will have a contact rated for 220V, but running 110 through it will work just fine.

That makes sense, and appears to be right; I just got my email response from Swiftech, and they say that the relay will be fine with US current -- the only difference between the import and export versions is that they don't include a power cord with the export relay.
OK, fine, but VERY unclear on their website.
And the specs they give for the model II are "110 to 220~240 volts up to 50A inrush", as opposed to their regular model which just says, "110 to 220~240 volts".
I gather from the way they have it listed that you're supposed to use the heavy-duty version to trigger a Meanwell or other such PS for a TEC rig.
Anyway, thanks to all who responded.

Back