• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone else have folding listed on their resume

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
folding

I did when I was looking last year.

In a way, folding and these forums got me a job as a sysadmin! :eek:

now i do too

(well, once i get around to editing my resume)

gr8 idea... thanx... but im not the team leader :( wondering what i could say :(

Thats a good idea, if they ask what folding is it will kill some interview time, and show you are knowladgeble about it. I think i will fire this on to my next resume.

SSXIX

I put Folding@Home on my resume. Here's what I put:

"Have donated several years worth of CPU time to Folding@Home, which is a Stanford University distributed computing project that studies Alzheimer’s, Mad Cow (BSE), and Parkinson’s disease."

Tell me if that's good, I'm not sure if that's as good as it can be.

Thats beautiful! I think I might just have to throw that into my resume when I build one. You could probably count it as community service as some sort even for colleges.

i would make a 'this is a truly sad geek thing' comment, but i just added it to my resume' also, :)

Not on a resume, but when asked to describe myself for an online class of 30 I explained that the quest for the ultimate OC is neverending as well as curing diseases by means of "folding". I fugure this will spark interest and I set it up so folks will hopefully look up "folding" in there Google engines. Great job Ebola! :D

well seeing how i'm gonna be a Registered Nurse soon, i'm gonna put this on my resume for sure....It should really nice while looking for a job as a nurse

scoobiedo

Back