• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Maxima

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

Got the new A7V8X, I love it so far.

I was going to get the A7V333 but the 8x was the same price so I thought I would just jump in head first. I picked up an Athlon 1100 - 200fsb for dirt and I love what I see so far.

I had one and I killed in a subpar board, I will get another one one day. Had to start witha good board first.

BIG-O-2 said:
I had one and I killed in a subpar board, I will get another one one day. Had to start witha good board first.

Did you purchase it full price? If so, you couldve gotten better OCing boards for that price...

I only got mine b/c it was refurbished at newegg.

It was xp1600+ and I got off ebay for $40 us plus $6 for shipping (US DOLLARS). It worked really well, I hit speeds in the xp2100+ range but ran out of multipliers and fsb on the motherboard. I only heard of the L3 bridges yesterday.

I will look for another good deal out there and try it with a good board A7V8X (sweat MB).

And I payed $159.00 for the motherboard retail.

Good deal Big-O.
That's a good mobo you got there.

You'll see a much higher o/c w/ a tbred b.

Yeh, I just had to get something that worked that was cheap.

I thought I fried the Duron 700 but it turned out the ECS MB took a turn for the worse. I really think that is why the XP 1600 died, not because of abuse but the board was going south.

Well I will have my eyes open for XP deals.

newegg has some pretty cheap XP1700's. Not sure what the exact price is since it's always fluctuating, but it's somewhere around $50 shipped.

I have a simple question?

I have a 1100/200fsb in the A7V8X right now.

I have the Core Volts set to auto. Can anyone figure out why I get 1.85 Volts give or take .01 volt.

I tried switching to manual and the volts are set to 1.75 but I get 1.85 in all my hardware checking programs. Sandra etc.

I have no problem with this but it does seam odd to me.

Don't know if this helps, but for my tbred: I have the bios set to 1.8V, but mbm shows vcore at 1.82~1.86V.

Read in another thread that it overvolts automatically, which would make sense taking my case(and yours).

I am going to try messing with the overvolt jumper and see what that does?

Back