• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is OCZ PC3500 EL actually 4.5 ns?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disabled
is this actually 4.5 ns memory? I have to question it because they paint thier own memory now.

P.S. this will be the deciding factor weather i go XMS or OCZ

Last edited:
Default said:
is this actually 4.5 ns memory? I have to question it because they paint thier own memory now.

P.S. this will be the deciding factor weather i go XMS or OCZ
No one really knows for sure (outside of OCZ) whether or not they are true 4.5ns chips, somehow I doubt it. I have the EL 3500 from them and it is quite good. I also have some Twinmos with 5ns Winbond chips (bh-5) and when I run comparos between the 2 at the same FSB and same timings, the Twinmos is actually a bit faster... Here are the benchies:

TwinMos
211twinmos.gif

OCZ EL 3500
211.gif

hmm... don't think that that is really anything note worthy, Could have just been a glitch or slowdown in the OS. Windows is a funny thing. I may go OCZ because it is cheaper and it makes better contact with the heatspreader.

the memory at hardcorecooling. has new v-data chips that are 4.5ns. they say there faster then winbond chips. but who knows. still a great price for pc3200 cas 2. 117.98 free shipping. i just ordered some.

Back