• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC advice for AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2920X - 12 Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ivan7

Hi, i post this question cos' 4 years ago i think, i bought my PC with this AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2920X - 12 Core, very performing cpu for CAM (Music producing) but actually i never managed to have full potential of my computer with:

AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2920X - 12 Core
ROG STRIX X399E
64 Go ddr4 1465.8 Mhz

DOCP --> Standard
Core performance boost --> Disabled
Cpu Core ratio --> 39.00

Cpu Core Voltage --> Default
Dram Voltage--> default
Wifi & Bluetooth Disbaled

I tried to Overclock and i noticed much better performance but one time, bios overclocking + ryzen master led to freeze my computer due according to me to memory problem.

Now, i came back to default setting and performance are not good !

Is there any person here who managed to correctly Overclock this threadripper cpu or is there a way to improve performance of my computer ?

Thanks so much for your future answers.

Ivan,
I still have a system soldiering on with the same motherboard and a 2950X. It boosts 3-4 threads to 4.4 GHz just like it did when new and overall has the expected (good, for its time) performance using moderate PBO settings. You definitely have headroom to configure it to boost past default behavior, but I can't boot into BIOS to show you mine right now, running a long AI training session at the moment.

Basically, set AI Overclock Tuner to DOCP Standard, select your DOCP frequency (which should be DOCP-2933 according to what you posted). You may have to do this in the Memory Frequency-menu, but selecting the DOCP profile should do it automatically. You can choose to set Overclock Enhancement to Normal, keep Core Performance Boost, Performance Bias and SMT Mode on Auto. Off the top of my head, this should be your baseline which you can then proceed to tweak, but I may have forgotten something. Please note that enabling DOCP will set your DRAM and SOC voltages for you (as well as all dependent voltages like PLL), so you shouldn't need to touch those manually.

If you are still having trouble, I can take screenshots of my UEFI/BIOS when my system isn't busy doing stuff.

Hi @Ixxa , first thanks so much for your detailed answer, i will try what you did and gwill give a feedback but yes, screenshots would be welcomed when you could send it.

Are you happy with perfomance ? I mean, if you do AI training, is it doing well with good performance ?

Thanks

Hi, i post this question cos' 4 years ago i think, i bought my PC with this AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2920X - 12 Core, very performing cpu for CAM (Music producing) but actually i never managed to have full potential of my computer with:

AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2920X - 12 Core
ROG STRIX X399E
64 Go ddr4 1465.8 Mhz

DOCP --> Standard
Core performance boost --> Disabled
Cpu Core ratio --> 39.00

Cpu Core Voltage --> Default
Dram Voltage--> default
Wifi & Bluetooth Disbaled

I tried to Overclock and i noticed much better performance but one time, bios overclocking + ryzen master led to freeze my computer due according to me to memory problem.

Now, i came back to default setting and performance are not good !

Is there any person here who managed to correctly Overclock this threadripper cpu or is there a way to improve performance of my computer ?

Thanks so much for your future answers.
Power Warriors 16.5 APK Download Unlimited Money game for those of you who are fans of Dragon Ball anime and manga. The game is available on the Getmodnow website with safety and free, so you can experience it with peace of mind
To improve your computer's performance, try these suggestions:

Update the BIOS to the latest version for your motherboard.
Try increasing the CPU clock speed gradually and check the stability.
Check RAM settings and enable DOCP or XMP mode to reach the rated speed of RAM.
Make sure the CPU is properly cooled.
Check power settings in Windows and make sure High Performance mode.
Optimize your music production software.
Clean up the system by removing unnecessary files and programs.

hI @Ixxa, hope you're good after several months, i wanted to know if you could screen or show me your BIOS to see what you did to boost your system. Many Thanks

Back