• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with CPU temp on AMD Ryzen with liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrnSmshr431

Installed Speccy and CPU Temp is showing 255F on my AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X 12 Core, 3500 Mhz. Overclocked at builder CLX.

It's probably a glitch as your CPU will shut down before it gets that high. Have you tried a different monitoring software? I like HWMonitor (free) but there are others out there like Core temp (free) etc.

If it's not a false reading then we will need a bit more info. Is this a new build? Did these high temps just start if this is not a new build? Have you changed anything lately? So on and so forth.

What does Coretemp say? Hwinfo64? Confirm in another application. Also, convert to C as that is how they spec these out and we're used to. ;)

It's probably a glitch as your CPU will shut down before it gets that high. Have you tried a different monitoring software? I like HWMonitor (free) but there are others out there like Core temp (free) etc.

If it's not a false reading then we will need a bit more info. Is this a new build? Did these high temps just start if this is not a new build? Have you changed anything lately? So on and so forth.
I updated the bios last night and started running Aorus System Information Viewer and it only showed it in the low 100's. I think Speccy is way off, I turned on my computer this morning and after 5 min mins. Speccy was showing CPUat 233F where the Aorus SIV showed under 100. Uninstalling Speccy, thank you for the reply.

Thank you for responding. I downloaded HiWiNFO64 and Coretemp is showing 36.9C after computer idling for @ 15 mins. I have uninstalled Speccy I believe it shows erroneous temps. I will be monitoring as I play some games later. Thanks again.

Back