• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a harddrive deal under $80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
damn when i was gonna try to get the 60GB HDD from MAXTOR from staples, the CSR told me the coupon was expired and now im back here again. the monitor i already have. it was a Samsung 955DF (19")

please, please, help me get a harddrive deal. harddrive needs to be atleast a 40GB.

Edit: i would really love a 8MB cache drive

Last edited:
They have a 60gb maxtor hd at bestbuy for $70 after a $35 mail-in rebate. If you feel like waiting for the rebate to get back, go for it.

If you want it I can give you the link to get a Western Digital WD1000JB Retail for $129. They have a reseller rating of 10 for the last six months and 9.66 lifetime total. Might as well pay the $49 more and get 60 gigs more.

If you;re still looking, my local BB had a 40GB Maxtor, 7200RPM ATA133 2MB cache, for $60- no rebates or any of that junk. Cheap, fast storage- I grabbed two :D

Monaco said:
If you;re still looking, my local BB had a 40GB Maxtor, 7200RPM ATA133 2MB cache, for $60- no rebates or any of that junk. Cheap, fast storage- I grabbed two :D

set up raid 0 you will be luVIN it!!

Cisco Kid

well, if these computers are networked..setup raid 0 on the one computer, and just set aside a folder for network storage, for the 6.4gb equipped computer to use, mho though, I'd rather concentrate on "ability" of one system, than spread it amongst a couple.

Back