• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I got a software program to help me chose a pelt. Maybe I should have said I am a nOOb first, lol. Here is what I put in.

Ambient temp 30c, my hottest case temp. TEC cold temp 20c, nothing drastic just a good start. Heat pumped at cold side 90w, I have a P4 2.53g, supposibly its 70w, figured 90w would just be safe. Supply voltage 12v, duhh. I used a thermal resistance of .1c/w to be safe ( suppost to be .05 ).

It spit back 2 TECs, both 40mm x 40mm, in parrallel. They come to a tottal power supply of 160w, 18 amps. They would pump 99w of heat at cold side. The hot side would be 257w, at 44c.

I have enough room to do this. Set up, the TECs would be 1.58" x 3.15", right. ( I have 3.5" x 2.75" space open ) Here is my big question. My water block is 2" x 3". That would leave .15" of TEC uncovered. If I sandwiched the TECs in cold plates this wouldn't really matter, right? Or, can I get away with not using a top cold plate. Would this make enough contact with the cpu (Intels) heatspreader being 1.25" x 1.25"?

Please point out any wholes in my plan. I can give more info if needed. Thanks.

Thanks SKINART, for that link to the power supply. I might have to get one some day. I dont really wanna use one of my psu's for this.

Back