• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Cold Boot Problem (when overclocked)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkaGoatMaster

I have a A7N8X-DX. I have a TbredA 1800+. I'm running a Multi of 10X and my FSB is at 180.

The only way I can use 180 is if I slowly step it up 180 (133, then 166, then 170, then 180) It won't boot up to 180 from cold. I end up having to reset the BIOS to get it to boot.Anyone know what causes this, and how I can fix it??

Mine is the same way. I cannot let it get cold and jump right into a high FSB. It will not post and i have to start from scratch and work my way back up.

Luckily i only turn computer off about once a month.

I've had this and similar odd ball things - new battery did nothing at all for me, NADA. I can't cold boot on first press of power button and on second press it boots at 100 FSB, I simply go into BIOS and then exit without saving and it boots up great. This has something to do with very high FSB. At 166 this don't happen, at 175 it does. Seems stable enough at 175 once sge gets going.

I've got Crucial 2 x 256 2700 and a 2100+ T bred B

Back