• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good ascetic server case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I am wondering, for the purpose of a project i may atempt in the far distant future. are there any good lookin big cases, for say a qual proc syustem and W/Cing? I mean I know lian-li is great, ubti t is a box,, no nice curves. the front on the chieftech dragon is better, tho that case may be ideal , i want to know more options???

I've got one of these cases coming in on Friday...Every review I've read raves about it, and every one mentions it's "Achillies Heel"...the mobo tray isn't removable.

Directron also stocks this case in silver, and charcoal black (as well as plain ol' beige (UGHH). they also stock the "Matrix" variant...edit the URL and substitute the letter "m" for the "d" in the model number part of the URL at Directron's site..

The "Matrix" is also available in blue, silver, and charcoal black.

They're all around $70, no PSU, before shipping. Not too too bad for a monster full tower case like this, IMO.

B.

well with a big case a mobo tray isnt nessesairy with all that moving room. tho in my lian-li pc-61 it's a nice feature.
that case looks like a biggr version of the traditional antech dragon.

Intrepid6546 said:
well with a big case a mobo tray isnt nessesairy with all that moving room. tho in my lian-li pc-61 it's a nice feature.
that case looks like a biggr version of the traditional antech dragon.

It is. The differences are;

Six 5 1/4" CD bays, instead of four.

Floppy does not share part of the top drive cage, it's got a dedicated spot just above the drive cages. This also means you're able to mount an 80mm fan in both drive cages, not just the bottom one.

HUGE open area above the PSU. Has provision for a 92mm fan built in, will just barely support a 120mm from what I've read, and there's an optional PSU mount plate available (that's what I've read, though I've yet to see one offered for sale anywhere...LOL) that allows mounting a 2nd (redundant) PSU above the first one. Lots of room up there for H20, if inclined also... ;)

The number of drive bays is the biggest difference. The mid tower has 10 available (4 ext. cd bays, 1 ext. floppy bay, and 5 int. HDD bays. the full tower (linked to above) supports 14 drives (6 cd's, 2 ext. floppy, and 6 int HDD bays).

Basically, the same case, just a whole bunch taller, with more drive bays, an additional 92mm exhaust fan, and a fan in both HDD cages. It doesn't, however, ship with the two 80mm rear exhaust fans included, like most of the mid towers...:(

B.

Intrepid6546 said:
is it dual PSU capable?

Mr B said:
HUGE open area above the PSU. Has provision for a 92mm fan built in, will just barely support a 120mm from what I've read, and there's an optional PSU mount plate available (that's what I've read, though I've yet to see one offered for sale anywhere...LOL) that allows mounting a 2nd (redundant) PSU above the first one. Lots of room up there for H20, if inclined also... ;)

B.

Yes. ;)

well, I have some wheeles and some handles that would go nice on it. and I could mod it. and $70 is nto bad at all.

Back