• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitoring linux box from winxp box using EMIII?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

I did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything to help me, but sorry if I missed something as I know how much everyone hates echo posts, here goes:

My main machine is windows xp, and I want to monitor my linux machine using EMIII. Is this possible?

I have no idea where to start, if someone could give me a hand, that would be great.

klear said:
I did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything to help me, but sorry if I missed something as I know how much everyone hates echo posts, here goes:

My main machine is windows xp, and I want to monitor my linux machine using EMIII. Is this possible?

I have no idea where to start, if someone could give me a hand, that would be great.

here ya go ----> .:cLICk:.

FOLD ON
NAS

Yes, you need to setup Samba on the linux box to connect to the windows computer. I had MANY troubles doing that and eventually gave up (for now).

OSUmaxx,

Do not give up follow the link NAS posted. once you get thru the guide if you are still having problems then use Webmin. Samba is really not that hard to set up:D If you need help from that point PM me and I will see what I can do.

Samba isn't all too bad after you figure it out.... however my problem is that my LAN doesn't cooperate in general (even my windows boxes don't like each other =)

thanks for the help, I'll go for samba this weekend. currently i'm trying to figure out how to install an audigy on mandrake...

Back