• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking in z560's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

ive already had my z560's since summertime but just a few min ago i was reading the reviews people gave them on newegg... and some people were talking about how we are supposed to "break in" the sub using low bass for the first week or two, then move up to higher then normal bass volumes then have normal usage.... they said that people who didnt do that sometimes got a rattling in the enclosure. is this true? you guys heard about this before? also... about placement of the sub. i know its very strong and i haven't tried placing it somewhere in the corner of my room cause i dont wanna do that, i will probably just hear bass from the left side of teh room which will feel weird so i have it either behind me or infront of me. answers please? c'mon i know a lot of you guys have these speakers.

Yes I have heard about this and what you heard is correct. I know that some local car audio shops carry sound competition CD's, they also can be found here. These CD's are just basically 30Hz bass notes. As for optimal sub placement, trial and error is the best route, :)

Xevuhtess7 said:
so how will these cd's help my sub?
Xevuhtess7 said:
and some people were talking about how we are supposed to "break in" the sub using low bass for the first week or two, then move up to higher then normal bass volumes then have normal usage....

:D:D:):D

i know but how does that make a difference? like what happens to my sub from doing that? and also is it even worth it to do all this.... also i could just look for a 30hz testing song on the internet instead of buying that cd.

break it in... my friend had 560z and haven't broken them in put it to max bass in couple days it blew his sub. The volume wasn't even all that loud. He had to exchange them then after he broke them in. They didn't blow up or anything.

generally you only really had to break woofers in back in the day. now for the most part you don't have to do that any more but just for reference, when i break in any woofers i run a few full spectrum sine sweeps at progresivly higher volumes until i hit about half volume and then take it easy on them for a few days. after that i push 20hz at full volume for 10 sec at a time for a half hour or so to strech out the spider and surround for that extra tenth or two db. but those are all high excursion spl woofers you may just want to run a few sine sweeps and take it easy on them (it) for a couple days then let it rip.

what's a sine sweep?

also, ive already had these speakers for half a year so... is it even worth breakign them in now?

oh yeah~ after 1/2 a year with normal use, your sub should be fine, i just used some tracks of cd's that i know have good deep base~

i listen to a lot of rock, metal, and im just getting into techno a lot. (bass track is so fun to listen to on these speakers).

Back