• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100 0248 maxed out!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gesteve

Registered
Well The fun has ended...I have reached the Max that this chip will do.. I am so sad:cry:

I am at 11.0 x 204 2.24 1.85v I was hoping for more out of this 0248 Super Chip....You pays your money and you takes your chances... I am not really all that sad, Until I see someone post... My 2100 is stable at 2500 1.7v ::mad:

I keep telling myself it's not true...I have to or I just might buy another chip :)

well its a good oc ,its not the best those chips have done as you stated.

BUT the chip isnt maxed out.rather od say your cooling is maxed out.you can take that thing upto 2.5ghz with appropriate cooling.

probly not an option for you but does give you something to think about.

Well, I am running full load at 38c with my brand spankin new SLK800 and TT Smartfan2. Prime95... Believe me I would love to hit 2.5 I have tried every bios closed bridges I even slept with the cpu under my pillow.. no luck If you can think of anything I can try next I am ready and willing to try

ya my 2100 0301 maxes out at 11x200 with 1.825 v that is the max the board will go voltage wise and even though i know how to vmod my coolin wont be adequate enough for any more voltage... whatever i am completley happy with this

Have you tried running at a higher multi and lower fsb?

A volt mod will also give you a higher o/c. Don't give up now, the fun has just begun.

It seems that anytime I get near 2300 this thing just takes a BIG CRAP !!! I have good memory,Corsair 3200 c2. I am running 6332 not trying to push it I really think I need more juice than this ASUS board can give... I have used ASUS for over 12 years and I have never been sorry. Even if i could get 2300 at 166 I would rather have FSB over 200 at a lower clock speed It really does matter.. IMO

You should all be happy. I just built a rig with the following:

xp2100 rev b, 0248
nforce2 epox 8rda+
slk-800, smartfan II
artic sliver 3
corsair xms 3200 low latency
voltage 1.85
vdim: 2.77
temps 35C idle, 43C load

best I can do is 12.5x185fsb stable

very dissappointed in my fsb

I ran the memory Async and it will do 200fsb so I assume it is my cpu...bummer

Guess I could try reinstalling my HSF with a better connection.

actually just got mine to 12x195 = 2340 not bad I guess.

Mattlock

temps: 39c idle, 43c load (with my smartfan II running on medium speed)

wk 0250
1.90v and I can get 2444mhz
2.00v can get 2538mhz stable enough to bench but will crash within 20-30min.

Why pump it that hard all the time ?

Besides MHZ is not everything if you crash in the middle of a game . STABILITY first ,max fsb second. Tweak other areas once you find your most stable speed.

Back