• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quieting my Antec HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lugie

Registered
In a last-stitch effort, I ran out and bought the only HSF Best Buy had. Some loud Antec thing. It is loud.

I need it quieter. Its a 3-pin connector, and it cools plenty well. I need a wire mod or something to change the voltage to the next step down. This is just way too loud.

I run at 40C with my XP 1700+ OCed to 1920mhz. Needless to say, it does it's job. So, I can afford some RPMs. Any advice? I'm not great at all with wires and that bit... say what you're going to tell me in a way anybody can understand. ;)

Hmmm...have a soldering iron, if so, use a resisitor of some sort or use a smaller fan???

Either that or sound dampen your case and leave the fan alone...

Lugie said:
In a last-stitch effort, I ran out and bought the only HSF Best Buy had. Some loud Antec thing. It is loud.

I need it quieter. Its a 3-pin connector, and it cools plenty well. I need a wire mod or something to change the voltage to the next step down. This is just way too loud.

I run at 40C with my XP 1700+ OCed to 1920mhz. Needless to say, it does it's job. So, I can afford some RPMs. Any advice? I'm not great at all with wires and that bit... say what you're going to tell me in a way anybody can understand. ;)

what does antec have that is so loud?

Yeah thats it... I didn't really have a choice at the time... but it is a nice heatsink.

Back