• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

isolate the problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stopdrpnro

ok guys's i replaced almost evrything in my system and can't find why i can't run prime. got a agioa xp1600+ running at 1754(166 fsb) i've tried uping the vcore to 1.85 no go. to test the memory i set teh fsb to 150 and then set it to hclk+33 it ran fine. memery is on the most laxed settings @ 166 can anybody help?

Basically I would say, if you cant run prime then the OC aint working cause you aint stable.
I think most people use prime and other CPU intensive programs to findout just you are seeing, am I stable at these settings.

I would just find the combination that is the highest possible stable one with what you have for a system and then ive it a week or two to burn in and then try some small bumps and repeat.

I guess if you think that it is system related you could expirement with dif parts, but it varies what works for some and not for others.

I often find that a really good way to get the high OC is to really get all temps down, case, cpu, and video

hope this helps

They seem fine, actually better then what I get.

I run at 30/46

And Im running a 1600 at 1606

Use this to test the memory:D http://www.memtest86.com/

Try it at the clock speed you are not stable in prime. If it fails you will know why you are failing prime. But if it doesn't fail then it could be that the chip just wont get stable at that speed without increased vcore and/or cooling.

Back