• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltages On Gigabyte Ga-8sr533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madboy2003

Registered
hey dudes
i bought this mobo 6 months ago before i even knew what oc is
unfortainely this mobo sux
doesnt got any voltages adust
even voltages readings and temps readings!

i got a 2.0A B0 Stepping Running on 125fsb - 2.5ghz

for more i need vcore but there is none on the bios
is there any beta bios or something to allow me to change the voltages on this mobo?

i dont wanna try vmod cuz i cant afford losing my warranty and my cpu ( if anything goes wrong )

so what do u think?

btw my temps are
27 at idle
47-50 at full load ( if i could adjust vcore i will get me a better hs )

temps are read from hardcano 2

thx for helping in advance

edit :

forgot to mention im on F6 bios ( the latest )
so gigabyte didnt added it or something on it

It seems like Gigabyte is no longer including very much in the way of voltage adjustments on most of their lower end P4 boards.

i dont wanna try vmod cuz i cant afford losing my warranty and my cpu ( if anything goes wrong )

Generally any type of Oveclocking voids all warranties. Perhaps this is partly the reason. Most people who are going to get one of these boards generally aren't into Overclocking, and just want a board that works and is cheap. With fewer settings available to these 'non enthusiasts' there is less to go wrong with the setup and less chance of any SNDS related Support/RMA. Much like the way many 'boxed' systems are set up.

If it isn't there then that's pretty much how it is going to be.

Also, I know some of the 2.0a P4s aren't very extreme OCers to begin with. I know it's a different chip, but my 1.8a could only do 125fsb no matter how much voltage I gave it (up to 1.85v) on a Gigabtye 8SRX (basically an earlier version of your board). My 1.6a got 141fsb on the 8SRX with 1.45v (undervolting) and now gets to 160fsb with 1.60v on my new board.

thx dude but i think mine is pretty good cuz without any vcore i get 500mhz oc and im running like this for 4 months till now so...

and im doing a burn in wizard every 2-3 days to be sure im stable

Back