• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powers Up - No POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STRAY

Registered
Earlier today while making lunch one of my infant twins crawled under my desk and yanked the power cord for the surge protector out of the wall -YIKES- and now my PC won't boot up.

Here's a little history: Recently bought a new MB (Asus A7N8X N-D) with 512 mb 2100 RAM.Got my system together and it gave me alot of problems with blue screens and reboots...RMAed the Ram and got a new heatsink and everything came up ok.Been running it problem free for almost a month now with no problems booting and rebooting at all....till today.

It powers up, fans spinning CDRom seeks, but no beeps or POST...nothing.No signal to monitor either.

I tried clearing the CMOS but that didn't work tried moving the ram about (even booting without Ram) and still the same results.

I'm at work now but when I get home tonight I'm going to strip it down to nothing but the vid card cpu and ram and see what happens..I have a spare PSU I can try also. Anyone have any ideas on what it may be? I did a search on such an issue but all previous posts about it never had a conclusion to them.

I'm hoping it's not the M/B as I'm not looking forward to having to RMAing the thing...

Any input at all would be appreciated.

Try booting without the cpu. If you don't hear any beeps at all, then either the PSU or the MOBO is fried. The mobo is designed to complain if ram or cpu are bad or gone.

Maybe I'm on crack, but I've never got ANYTHING when I've taken the CPU out. My guess is that your video card may be slightly tweaked. Take it out, listen for beeps. Then reseat it. ?

-ben

I ended up taking everything off. Ram, CPU, vid card and booted from there...No error beeps.

Decided the M/B was toast so I RMAed it and got a Epox 8RDA+ and found out my vid card was toasted also.Replaced the vid card on the new MB and it booted perfectly first try.

Not sure what the hell happened but I'm glad I'm up and running now.

Thanks for the input guys.

Back