• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
I have this address on my list of blocked IPs, (both on Sygate and with my NETGEAR's NAT firewall). What eludes me is that this IP address is STILL ACCESSIBLE, and every time it is accessed, I have tracking cookies placed onto my IE browser. The other IP address's on my list, such as Xupiter and Gator, ( 63.236.32.50 and 64.152.64.69 respectfully,) are always blocked.WTF!?:mad:

alrox said:
127.0.0.1=localhost, your computer.

So I'm putting my tracking cookies on my computer without me knowing I'm doing it?*goes and gets some aspirin*

Whatever program is telling you this 'tracking cookies' stuff is probably wrong.

127.0.0.1 is the local loop back that is built on to every nic, i dont think you can block it, and i would say that the program that is saying that 127.0.0.1 is sending you stuff is wrong. i bet if you ping the ip or tracert the ip you will see fast times, and a very short path to target.

in the ip protocol 127.0.0.1 is called the loopback address...basically used as a means of troublshooting problems with your computer. when blocking this ip you arent really doing much because whatever program you use isnt ever getting a chance to look at this ip because of the level at which the ip protocol operates and what level your firewall or software program is working at.

~jeff~

127.0.0.1 is in your hosts file. No matter if you delete that or not, your nic will still be resolve 127.0.0.1 to your nic, that's because it's integrated into your nic. 127.0.0.anything is loopbacked.

Back