• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, I got another epox 8k7a question. But it's just about price.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joey_rjm5

I found this board refurbished for 99 bucks and free shipping. I wanted raid but I don't have 2 hard drives and this is a good deal. Would it be worth spending another 50 bucks to get raid. I don't have much money and this came around. I don't think I need raid, so should I go ahead and get it?

nevermind, it isn't there anymore. you can still answer the question though.

the onboard is just not worth it unless you move huge files around ie over100MB all the time. get the non raid and if you do video editing you will want a better raid controller too anyhow so don't waste your money like I did.

one other reason might be backup if it is a business machine then it might be important.

el (Jul 19, 2001 10:30 p.m.):
the onboard is just not worth it unless you move huge files around ie over100MB all the time. get the non raid and if you do video editing you will want a better raid controller too anyhow so don't waste your money like I did.

one other reason might be backup if it is a business machine then it might be important.

How much would a better raid controller cost.

Dude, 120 bucks at newegg.com for non raid. I got mine from there. The raid is only good if you have 2 or more HD's. I would go for the regular, personally I think raid is a waste of money unless you truly will idolize it.

That's what I've been thinking too. I wouldn't even have the money to get another hdd if I wanted one. I might just do that

Back