• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics Aperture Size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demonic

Registered
Hello

I've been reading these forums for awhile and have learned alot, so I thought I better start posting some of my own question. In BIOS, am I suppossed to set the graphic aperture size to the full amount of ram I have available. For instance, I have 512 ram, so should it be set to 512? What exactly Is this? Thanks for your time.

Demonic (Jul 20, 2001 06:01 p.m.):
Hello

I've been reading these forums for awhile and have learned alot, so I thought I better start posting some of my own question. In BIOS, am I suppossed to set the graphic aperture size to the full amount of ram I have available. For instance, I have 512 ram, so should it be set to 512? What exactly Is this? Thanks for your time.

The general rule is 1/2 the size of your ram. If you have a high MB vid card, a higher aperture is not that nesserary. Hope this helps.

Back