• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ankalar

Registered
well, i've decided to get away from the darkside (air cooling) and into watercooling, and i have a couple of questions:

1. What does a Y-fitting do?
2. Where do I put the T-fitting?
3. How does the T-fitting work?
4. Where can I find a comparison between the MCW5000, the TC-4, and the Maze3?
5. Can I fit a watercooling system with a BIX/fan, pump, cpu block, and nb block in a Kingwin KT-436?
6. Is Tygon tubing really worth the money?
7. What is the best water additive (i.e. water wetter)?
8. This isn't about watercooling, but are Barton cores auto-unlocked with nForce-2 mobos?

well then, thanks for all your future help! ;)

1) a y fitting changes flow from 1 tube to 2 tubes or 2 tubes to 1 tube... it just splits the flow or rejoins it.

2) The t-fitting goes preferably at the highest point in your watercooling loop so that it is easier to get the air bubbles out after filling.

3) The T-fitting simply lets you pour water into the loop. No water flows through it, the water flow stays in the loop basically, and the t-fitting points out from the loop and lets you fill/bleed.

4) If you are comparing between blocks you need to find reviews of each block done by the same person/test system. Do not compare results from different testers. If they aren't from the overclockers.com heatsink/waterblock rankings, then I do not know who to trust. Our rankings can be found here: www.overclockers.com/articles373

5) Not sure, but good thinking providing the link so I could look at it. It looks kind of small, but I am sure you can fit a WC setup in there. It might just take some work. You can take measurements and picture where things will go to figure this out.

6) No. There is another type of tubing, which I think is called clearflex. It is comparable for half the price. It has been mentioned in articles or on the forums, if you did a forum search you could probably get more opinions on clearflex.

7) Water wetter is good to prevent corrosion. Just use it in the recommended amounts, more does not help temps. For coolant information read atleast the first post of the rockstarbob sticky and look at the pretty pictures and graphs he made.

8) Dunno. :)

Welcome to the forums!

1. What does a Y-fitting do? - combines 2 other fittings into one tube
2. Where do I put the T-fitting?..you use it as a junction between the system and where you will fill it in
3. How does the T-fitting work?it lets u add water in to the rest of the WC system for wcing applications
4. Where can I find a comparison between the MCW5000, the TC-4, and the Maze3? theyre kinda within the same range of performance, ive seen tc-4 yield better tems then the M3 and the m3 have better results in some cases.
5. Can I fit a watercooling system with a BIX/fan, pump, cpu block, and nb block in a Kingwin KT-436? looksl like u can, you can put the bix in front (looks like ull have to cut that bottom cage) or put it where the 80mm fans are
6. Is Tygon tubing really worth the money?- tygon will not stain or will not kink, or get hard like viniyl, you should get. learn from my mistakes and buy right the first time

8. This isn't about watercooling, but are Barton cores auto-unlocked with nForce-2 mobos? dunno

wow, thanks for the quick responses and the help. looks like i'll be doing some more searches on this and other forums for opinions, but i think if when i buy it if my budget allows then i'll get tygon tubing

Back