• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to fix my keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

i have microsoft natural pro keyboard and for some stupid reason the spacebar is not working properly

it "presses" on left side and on right side of spacebar its not "pressing" properly, the right side seems to be down (ya know when you press a key it comes up again, the right side of spacebar is down) it is really affecting my typing

i tried taking out the spacebar but unlike other keys which are coming out it is not coming out and i am afraid to pull it out incase i break it

what to do????

I am more familiar with some other keyboards...Most space bars have a metal piece that runs the length of the bar that keeps it balance. It sounds like on yours the piece has come off on one end. You would have to remove the key, put the piece back in the socket on the key and put the space bar back on. Unfortunantly I can't really come over and show you how get the bar off. Most of them just snap off. They are not as easy to break as you would think, but they do break.
A thought, it is not working right, you can either try to fix it or replace it. I would pull a little harder to get it off, it is already "broken".

ahh okay i will try to break more of this already broken keyboard :D

its so annoying that one side is working while other side is not working thanks

ahh finally fixd it took me about half an hour to get the stupid space bar back into place it was frustrating

i never thought there would be so much dirt inside my keyboard :eek: :eek: :eek: so while i was at it i took out every key and cleaned the keyboard from inside with a soft brush ahh i feel nice :)

I am glad you got it.

You should see some of the keyboards from the users at work. I think some of them dump coffee and popcorn in them on purpose.

Back