• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Locker - how do I avoid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll admit this may be me going slightly Karen but it irks me more than a little. For the record it's just as much...

Paranoid-742324995.gif

So I moved recently and my new apartment complex has an Amazon locker. And frankly...I don't like it. Not only is it halfway across the complex which is slightly awkward as I sometimes get 4+ packages at a time, it's often full and carriers just drop packages in the mail room. Which is unlocked. And anyone can walk into, even though only tenants have key fobs.

I'd actually feel better if carriers just dropped packages at my apartment door. My apartment is at the top of my building on the back side - if I get a delivery there are maybe three other people that can see it.

I've added delivery instructions to my amazon package to leave at front door - it's been ignored. I added special instructions to not leave in the mailroom - it's been ignored. I even changed the delivery address so one of the lines, right on the package, say "deliver to apartment" - it's been ignored.

Is there anything else I can try?

I really doubt there's anything you can do to make the carriers change their traditional route in your complex and go all the way to your door, short of actual bribery of the individual drivers. I lived in an apartment complex with a similar issue years ago, and instead of having my packages delivered to my apartment, I had them delivered to my work. You could also have stuff delivered to a UPS or Fedex store if the issue is just security for your packages.

Amazon is the worst at this, everything is tracked and timed. The driver would be penalized if they deviated from the route the computer gives them in order to bring it to your door. My cam caught a driver literally running from the truck to my door and back during the holidays. Amazon doesn't have employees, they have meat drones.

Edit: my suggestion would be to order somewhere else. I built up a big time Amazon use when I was in a small town in SD, but now I really don't have an excuse. Still it is the easiest place to get some stuff and I spend $60-$150 there a month somehow, even when I'm hypothetically "trying not to order from Amazon."

Our Amazon driver is :poop: they will claim they handed it to the homeowner and I find it in the mailbox, sometimes behind the car in the middle of the driveway, it's about three cars deep so they don't walk very far. I put a "fat mailbox" in place of the regular size for package delivery, we get a lot.

I really doubt there's anything you can do to make the carriers change their traditional route in your complex and go all the way to your door, short of actual bribery of the individual drivers. I lived in an apartment complex with a similar issue years ago, and instead of having my packages delivered to my apartment, I had them delivered to my work. You could also have stuff delivered to a UPS or Fedex store if the issue is just security for your packages.
Along those lines I assume a PO box would also work?

Look, I ordered a sandwich an hour ago! Where the hell is it?

Geeez, this is a lousy greasepit. I will not support this slophouse! Good day Sir!

:p

Companies like Amazon are really about maximizing thier income. Not knocking them for it as we all work for as much money as we can get. However, since the goal is to provide the minimum in service (cost) for the maximum income (profit) and/or because Amazon created a "standard" that all drivers must follow, you get what we have. Drivers may be graded on how many deliveries they make in an alloted time frame. Walking up to the back of the top floor of your building reduces thier delivery per hour and thus not in thier best interest since that is what they get graded on. The delivery portion of Amazon is geared to being efficient. If you are the delivery person, and your boss only cares that it was delivered, would you care if you left it at your door or in the mail room?

I'll admit this may be me going slightly Karen but it irks me more than a little. For the record it's just as much...

View attachment 361326

So I moved recently and my new apartment complex has an Amazon locker. And frankly...I don't like it. Not only is it halfway across the complex which is slightly awkward as I sometimes get 4+ packages at a time, it's often full and carriers just drop packages in the mail room. Which is unlocked. And anyone can walk into, even though only tenants have key fobs.

I'd actually feel better if carriers just dropped packages at my apartment door. My apartment is at the top of my building on the back side - if I get a delivery there are maybe three other people that can see it.

I've added delivery instructions to my amazon package to leave at front door - it's been ignored. I added special instructions to not leave in the mailroom - it's been ignored. I even changed the delivery address so one of the lines, right on the package, say "deliver to apartment" - it's been ignored.

Sounds like quite the package predicament! Have you tried reaching out to your apartment management about the delivery issues? They might be able to communicate with carriers for better delivery practices. Alternatively, Amazon's customer service might offer insights. Wishing you smoother deliveries ahead!

View attachment 361326

It's amazing that Amazon delivers better everywhere else other than its home country.

The solution for your problem here in France, for example, is that you can SEE where the delivery people are either online or on the Amazon app. It'll even tell you how many deliveries are before you. So if you're at home, or on a lunchbreak... You could just go meet the guy and get your package. Then, get this... If you're NOT at home... they'll CALL YOU... and you can just tell them what you want them to do and they'll do it.

It was similar in Germany and Spain.

So my solution is, if you're sick of putting up with this? LEAVE THE COUNTRY! :beer:

Don't tempt me, I have in-laws in Switzerland and Germany and a solid friend of the family in Italy.

Plus a drunk in the UK that punched out a friend and owes us one.

without access to the account itself i was asked to supply them my last 5 purchases , also required to be within the last 12 months.
my records are scattered , not prepared.
:shrug:
disagree tho recommended was just to create a new account
boy

How long do you have to go for this to happen? It's shocking how easily I tip toe click click and boom, another purchase.

Back