• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my EpoX 8K7a+ system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nocturnal

I just recently bought an EPOX 8k7a+ mobo
and after installing everything. When i restarted
my pc...It would go to some kind of sleep mode
and the monitor would stay blank but i can
still hear my pc on. I don't know wat to do about
this ... cause everytime i would resart the pc it
would just do the same until i press on the
reset button just to get it to boot up again.
Please help with this...thanks for your time.

What power supply do you have. You need to make sure that if it is 300W that it is branded and not re-badged cheap tat. That can be a cause of these boards not booting - they are so power hungry. Remember that unlike a lot of the cheap built but expensive costing ASUS boards, the EPoX use a full 6 Mosfet system in order to deliver a smooth 3 phase power junction even at the extreme low voltages of Athlon 4. This increases stability, but only if you have an official AMD approved PSU.

I have the ENERMAX 350watts w/Fan Control.
I'm not sure if its the PSU that's giving probs...
I'm still clueless.

The problem is the Enermax 350watt power supply. You are using a G-force video card an these power supplies have a low 5v range that isn't adequate to boot the video card. I just went thru 2 of these Enermax 350 watt power supplies that would not boot my G-force2. The computer will start but not the video. You should be hearing the compter make beeps when it is not booting, telling you the video is not booting.

So what power supply did you end up going with? Inquiring minds want to know! Im building an 8K7A+ box with a Geforce 3 and I planned on using the 400 watt ANTEC 403 power supply.. Any thoughts?

ive got more or less same set-up board/procssor and vid card i had to upgrade from enermax 3 to 431 m8 ,now it runs steady as a rock (i hadbsame probs).............:)

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!

You have a netgear 10/100 card dont you ? Those nics have a power problem that wont work with the 761 chipset. i took mine out and put in another and it reboots. Do your usb ports work by any chance??

Back