• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8k7a vs Iwill kk266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

castle lager fan

A friend of mine is looking at buying either one of the two. Apparently both are great boards. Does anyone know of a site that tested the two against each other. I would like to know features, performance(at same speed) and oc ability.

Thanx

No ones gonna head one off against each other as such since they are based around differing memory technologies - of which the DDR system based aroiund the AMD 761 northbridge on the 8K7A anhiliates the SDRAM system of the KT133a on the KK266.

I would definatley go DDR. It would be like purchasing EDO when SDRAM appeared to buy SDRAM now that DDR is here and is cheap.

Of any DDR board, the 8K7A seems to be top of the pops at the moment.

Keep enjoying that Castle Lager - and choose wiseley

Thanx Andy!

I should read more. I thought the Iwill used the DDR Via chipset. Makes the choice easy!

Oh yes the beer great!!

Ive been doing some reading on sites and it seems to me that the AMD chipset is the way to go right now for performance. just wanted to put my 2 cents in :)

oh man and i love beer i need to get me some tonight i could drink about a gallon keep up the beer drinking it makes everybody stay happy.

The Iwill board that I think you meant is the KA266. It is DDR based on the ALi chipset. Not the mem performance of the AMD, but a good board.

I just built a system around the KA266. I only have one complaint (partially my fault). There are compatibility issues with ATI cards. Don't believe ATI or Iwill, its all of them, not just Radeons. I worked around it, but would I do it again? No, I am about to build another system, this time using the Epox 8k7a. I've only heard good things.

good luck,
SteveI.

Back