• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lowest Magnetic Radiation pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technogeeky

Registered
Which of the pumps we commonly use produces the lowest magnetic radiation? Mine is causing SERIOUS disturbance with my monitor, and the monitor is like 3 feet away, and thru a desk.

PLEASE HELP! It needs to be a small pump (ala Via Aqua)

Well, I don't know which is less prone to radiation, never had to look. My Danner's okay, as is my VA 1300. Some people tell ya that brand A is shielded, and it's bs...haven't seen one that is actually shielded yet.

Two things you can look into though, is the monitor cord anywhere near the pump?, and did you try plugging the pump into another outlet? (EMI loves to travel through wiring).

Just a thought.

Diggrr said:
Well, I don't know which is less prone to radiation, never had to look. My Danner's okay, as is my VA 1300. Some people tell ya that brand A is shielded, and it's bs...haven't seen one that is actually shielded yet.

Two things you can look into though, is the monitor cord anywhere near the pump?, and did you try plugging the pump into another outlet? (EMI loves to travel through wiring).

Just a thought.

The pump is plugged into (through) the power supply. The monitor is plugged in to an outlet like 30 feet from this :eek:

I found a can of animal crackers - it all but destroys ALL magnetic readiation (seen in the form of monitor flickering), so I'll be shopping for animal crackers tomorrow.

Back