• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best motherboard to overclock a Pentium 3 1GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I have a socket 370 Pentium III 1GHz CPU. 1.75v
What motherboard is the currently the best for overclocking this chip now... Make sure it's available for purchase now.. I was trying to get a Abit BX133 but they aren't made anymore.. thanks..

Overclocker456 said:

ok.. lemme see if I can find them

Hehe, rots o' ruck!

You won't find them retail unless you have the Luck of the Irish because they've been discontinued since last fall. You'll be limited to Private Party or (gaacck!) Egay. Current going rate for a used Tusl2-C on egay runs around $100 to $120. Most sell for close to $120. ST6's are rare as hen's teeth. One just sold fairly cheap ($125) but the few that do show up sell for $150-200.

You might want to think about the Soyo SY-TISU. It's a fairly decent 815EP board that's actually available retail. Newegg has them for $65 shipped.

I can help you....

I can help you.... I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. Some Socket370 are still available in here. You can buy brand new Gigabyte GA-6OXT-A version 1.1 (USD$75), Abit ST6 (USD$76). I can Fedex or UPS the mobo to United States overnight.

The ST6 was one of the best...getting it from Indonesia may not be a bad idea...but Abit's tech support is notoriously sucky, and for a discontinued product probably even more so....

Re: I can help you....

asw7576 said:
I can help you.... I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. Some Socket370 are still available in here. You can buy brand new Gigabyte GA-6OXT-A version 1.1 (USD$75), Abit ST6 (USD$76). I can Fedex or UPS the mobo to United States overnight.

wow, thanks a lot for the offer, if I can't get anything in the states, I'll consider it.. thanks again...

I have a Abit BE6 that I pulled from other system. I know it's not the greatest overclocker for the chip, but I'll need a adapter because this board is a slot 1. I think the max bus speed is 150MHz. That could be 1130MHz or so. I don't want a noise cooler anyway, so this all might work out. Unless this BE6 turns out to be unstable.

Back