• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOYO H/W Monitor not reporting CHA fan speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBRONCFAN

Registered
I see the fan is properly plugged into the motherboard. Any idea why Soyo Hardware Monitor is not reporting it's RPM's? It reports temps for both CPU and CHA, and the rpm's for the CPU fan but not the CHA fan.

Not all fans send a tach signal to the MB. Make sure your fan is capable of doing this (i.e. attach the cpu fan to the cha header and see if you get an rpm)

Since we are on the Soyo Motherboard forum, I was hoping someone with the same rig could report Soyo Hardware Monitor for their mobo.......whether it reported the CHA fan speed or not.

Mine isn't reporting that fan speed either. Interesting, I never noticed that before. Shouldn't that be monitoring the NB chip fan speed???

Whoops

My bad....

Northbridge fan is on CHA 2. I believe Soyo Hardware Monitor only shows what is connected to CHA 1. Unless there is a new version or something....

B

Weirdest thing.....I just upgraded my PSU today to an Antec TRUEBLUE480, and now Soyo Hardware Monitor is reporting my CHA fan speed.

Hmmm. I'm running the same PSU but not getting a CHA fan reading????? Are you using your fan only connections too??

Confused.......:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Not using any of the two prong "fan only" plugs. All of my fans are four prong sockets, am I supposed to be using the "fan only" sockets? They are only two prong sockets. CHAFan plugs into the motherboard anyway, which is weird.....how changing my PSU make the CHAFan speed showup, I have no idea.

What 3pin connector are you using? the second one at the top next to the CPU connection or one of the ones on the side???
You don't have to use the "Fan only" they just regulate power to the fans you put on them and increase it as the temp goes up. The PSU will do that anyway as well. You should see your fan speed and temps increase and decrease on the PSU depending on temps.

Back