• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Krolar

System rundown:

MSI 648 Max-L board (SiS 648 chipset) with Celeron 2.0 GHz (oc to 2.8). Also, Gainward Ti4200 Ultra 650 (not Golden) 64MB DDR vid card, with mobo sound and mobo LAN. Also, 512K DDR333 memory at CAS 2.5 (ValueRAM)

I have already oc'd the CPU to 2.8 GHz, whil emoving the voltage to 1.625 (max allowable in BIOS) I am also trying to OC the vid card and memory, but the stability suffers. Would I get better performance by lowering the CPU speed and increasing the vid card and memory timings? Or am I better off just leaving the CPU at 2.8? I have tried to increase the CAs to 2, but it will randomly reboot. Also, the vid card doesn't want to overclock that much - maybe 10 or 15 Mhz tops. I have 2 chassis fans, and they sys temp never gets above 40C. Any ideas?

Most newer 3D games would run better with higher memory bandwidth and faster vid cards than a little bit higher CPU O/C. I'd drop the CPU speed down a notch and see if you can get more aggressive on the memory settings.

Back