• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ti4200 64mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jason944t

Registered
AMD 1700,Soyo Dragon+Asus ti4200 64mb DDR

I have a Soyo Dragon+ motherboard, 2 sticks of 256 ddr ram,AMD 1700 A (I think) cpu,Volcano 7 cooler,and Asus ti4200 64mb geforce video. I've got it overclocked to 1800 mhz, 150fsb 12x multiplier. Can anyone tell me if I can oc this anymore and how far I can oc the ti4200 at a stable speed Thanks:)

Last edited:
Why don't you try and see what the limits are yourself! I do this all the time and consider it "fun"

*fun - in asj's world means getting a nice new 1800+ and then unlocking it and then killing it due to not unlocking it right! lol then spending alot of money getting a new system! lol

If its an Tbred A then I think you might be at the max of your oc. not sure but look on the main page for the cpu database.
(I think theres a different web site for it) but you can look for overclocks from people who have the 1700+'s!

The Ti4200 is easier cos all you do is up the Mhz intill you see artifacts on the screen then lower it till you don't!

For overclocking the 4200 you might want to try the video card section of these forum's.

O BTW WELCOME TO OUR FORUMS

What memory are you using?

AMD 1700,Soyo Dragon+Asus ti4200 64mb DDR

Ive just found out I have the AMD tbred 1700 B and the ram is Micron. Can anyone tell me if I can get any more out of this than 1800 150fsb 12x multi. Thanks

Does a bear poop in the woods?? :D

Heck ya, if that's a "B" core, you should be able to get close to a 200 fsb in some cases. You should take small steps though. 12 does seem to be a popular multi, or you might try 11 if you can't quite get what you'd like. You should get 166 fsb easy. Even 10 x 200 would be very nice.

The only thing that will probably hold you back is the Via chipset. Most everyone getting 200fsb is using an nForce2. But still, 12x166 should be within your reach. You may have to add CPU voltage (not much though), or back off the DIMM timings a little.
It'll take a lot of experimenting and troubleshooting to really find that sweet spot.
Don't worry though, if it doesn't want to run at a certain speed, you'll probably just BSOD, and have to clear the CMOS. Then try lower speeds.

-edit- BTW, what speed is your memory? That will have a huge impact on your overclocking adventures.

Do you know what speed of ram you have?
is it:
PC2100
PC2700
PC3200
PC3500
(think thats them all!)

If its PC2100 then your ram might be holding you back
if its PC2700 or above them you should be able to get a little more!

Do you know anything else about the cpu like is it a AIUHB,JIUHB or anything else because you should be able to get a little more out of it if your systems up for it!

Back