• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Camera Briefcase -> Computer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coin

I am about to start modding a camera briefcase (you know the aluminium ones) and I wondered if anyone knew of anything I need to keep in mind. Any suggestions/hints welcome.

lol! I already checked that and it fits nicely into the bottom part. So nicely tha t I might be able to fit a small LCD screen into the top part but that will be a later mod. :D

Have you thought of where to put your stand-offs for the mobo? Also have you measured all of the components, hdd, cd-rom, power source? When you do go ahead and put a small lcd screen in it, make sure to seal the mobo and the cpu hs fan and all other parts away from the screen either by attaching a peice of lexan to the screen face itself or maybe over the mobo and components so that you could even put in a cool cold cathode or el wire setup in it to work when it is plugged in. Hell, you could even customize a mini-keyboard so the light would shine through the keys like on the 17" G4 by Apple which I think is a great idea. Just a couple of thoughts from the village idiot. :)

Thanks for the responses, I dont think I'll be going as far as water cooling but the Lexan separator sheet and such is definately on the cards. All I need now is to find a 12"/ 14" LCD screen to canabalise :D

dreadlord79 said:
Look at www.earthlcd.com because they have lcd converters and lcd's with or without cases and speakers.
wow the prices are high you can pick up a cheap 14.1 for $185 and a 15" for $225 you just strip it your self
PS "CS" I call dibs after the rest of these guys YGPM

lol, dibs on what? O ya, u got lucky someone had the rad u wanted for cheap ;)

Are you gonna have a cd-rom? Is it gona be a regular one?
Thnx.

Well the case is nearly finished and I can start putting it together today. If I can get hold of a digital camera I'll put some pics up. It currently has a standard size CD-ROM and Hard drive as I didnt want to be buying any new parts........yet. :D
CS - what size screen and what price would I be looking at bearing in mind I live in the UK:)

Edit - sorry CS just got your PM:rolleyes:

14" LCD for $150 after MIR at "BEST BUYS" it fits very nice in the suitcase mods I just got one today for mine and almost craped my self when I saw how nice it fit in my case I will post pics later when I am done installing it

Back