• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Nucleus (360mm) and Corsair Carbide Air 540

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaeKaula

I was wondering if anyone knows if the EK Nucleus will fit in the Front Fan section of the Corsair Carbide Air 540 case. I currently have a nVidia 2060 Super, and it appears there is enough space to fit the radiator. I am unsure if the hoses of the AIO will be long enough or if the AIO mounting holes will line up. Basically, I have a 5900x that I am unable to keep cool enough with a Lian-Li Galahad 240mm, and my funds are really limited at the moment where a new case is a really difficult ask. I recognize the AIO is still in pre-order so information is limited.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have first-hand experience with that AIO or the Carbide 540, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. If the GPU and rad/fans fit then the worst-case scenario would require the hoses to be at the top of the radiator. Not ideal, but generally not the end of the world either.

I don't have first-hand experience with that AIO or the Carbide 540, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. If the GPU and rad/fans fit then the worst-case scenario would require the hoses to be at the top of the radiator. Not ideal, but generally not the end of the world either.
+1.. just make sure the pump isn't at the highest point where air can get trapped.

Like Blay said, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. I owned one for a time and there was a lot of room up front, IIRC.

Thank you both for your replies. The hoses into the radiator, would be the highest point in the system (top of the radiator) and you're saying that is acceptable? This information has helped me greatly, thank you.

Thank you both for your replies. The hoses into the radiator, would be the highest point in the system (top of the radiator) and you're saying that is acceptable? This information has helped me greatly, thank you.
It's not ideal. If you are able to mount it the other way that would be preferred. Just make sure the top of the radiator is higher than the pump. You don't want the pump to struggle for coolant.

I have the 240mm version of the Nucleus cooler. I seems that all the reviews that I have seen, showed it to be silent on the pump- that is not the case by any estimation. It has to be slowed down to around 52% before I cannot hear the pump anymore. It is a nice cooler though

I have the 240mm version of the Nucleus cooler. I seems that all the reviews that I have seen, showed it to be silent on the pump- that is not the case by any estimation. It has to be slowed down to around 52% before I cannot hear the pump anymore. It is a nice cooler though
That is good to know. At this point, noise is not a concern. Cooling is a priority. I'm hoping the 360mm version will handle the CPU like a champ. What reviews that have mentioned at least a 5800x seem to indicate it can. I should have the 360mm installed on Monday. Will update once it's installed.

That is good to know. At this point, noise is not a concern. Cooling is a priority. I'm hoping the 360mm version will handle the CPU like a champ. What reviews that have mentioned at least a 5800x seem to indicate it can. I should have the 360mm installed on Monday. Will update once it's installed.
And if it doesn't do as well as you think, lower the Vcore a bit (offset)... that will help.

As promised, a report. The EK Nucleus 360mm does in fact fit in a Corsair Carbide case, with the radiator side hose inlet and exhaust at the bottom. Do not expect to keep a fill size HDD in the forward removable drive bay, as there would be interference. I should note, that should someone have need, the AIO will NOT fit with the radiator fittings towards the top. At least not without removing the top forward fan. There is a solid 2.5in of clearance to the fans from an MSI 2060 Super (250mm according to TechPowerUp). Proper measurements need to be made, but the potential for a 12in (300mm) GPU is there but it will be very (emphasis) tight.

Now on to the cooling. Idle 37*C - 100% 78*C with PBO 2 at -25 / core (HWinfo64 indicated 4950mHz). I will concur with a previous mention of a noisy pump. Not sure what to make of that, only time will tell.

Back