• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800X3D and Curve Optimizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Androme

Hello, I come to you because I encounter a problem with the PBO and the curve optimizer on my 7800X3D, in fact as soon as I modify the curve optimizer to put it at -10 (low value) on all core, the system is unstable and cinebench 2024 crashes, windows is not stable either.
When I look online, guys advertise a curve optimizer at -30 (or more) without flinching and without doing anything special.
I'm not sure what I'm missing or setting wrong, unless my CPU is really bad.
Do you have any ideas that could help me move forward?
Thank you in advance.

For your information, here are the HWinfo values during a cinebench with the default settings.
Boitier : Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW
CASE : AMD 7800X3D
AIO: Corsair iCUE H170i Elite CAPELLIX XT
MB : GIGABYTE X670E AORUS MASTER Bios F21a
Ram : Corsair 2 * 16 GB CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30
Video : GAINWARD Phantom 4090
PSU: Corsair RM1000x Shift

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2023-12-31 143117.png
    Capture d'écran 2023-12-31 143117.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 14
If the CPU is completely stable at stock, then you probably just got unlucky with a CPU that can't undervolt. You could try stepping through core by core with the curve optimizer to see if it's just 1 or 2 cores that can't undervolt but most likely, they'll all be pretty close to each other in capability. I also tend to question how stable the CPUs are when people just put a -30 value across all cores but I demand absolute stability from my machine whereas others seemingly don't. It can also come down to a difference in motherboards as some tend to push more voltage than others out of the box (even at stock) so there can be more room to undervolt on some motherboards than others, even with the same CPU.

You can simply ignore the curve optimizer and set the lower voltage manually. My 7800X3D isn't any special too. As I remember, it works with a curve optimizer at -20. In comparison, my 7600 and 7950X could work at -40/-50 (I don't remember which was -50).
On the other hand, this CPU runs almost the same if there is a curve optimizer enabled or disabled. If you want to overclock it, then check higher blck and lower voltages at the same time to keep it below ~89°C.
5050MHz is about max for 7800X3D without bclk overclocking, so what I see on the screenshot in the post #1 seems fine.

I also recommend checking another BIOS. I don't know if X670E has the same weird issues, but for B650E Master are the same BIOS releases, and so far, the best for my mobo seems to be F20. F21a and F21 have problems with high memory voltages (don't post at 1.43V+ or post with forced 1.10V). Not every mobo batch is the same for Gigabyte, so I can't confirm you will have any issues on X670E Master.

Looks like his voltages are already pretty low to begin with...might account for the instability? I don't own that particular cpu, but my 8700G and 7900 are not that low even after the Optimizer.

Back