• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download manager for linux - are there any?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mirko_3

Are there any download managers for linux? I mean, good download managers... In windows I couldn't live without Flashget (that is, after I removed the spyware :)). Download speed pretty much sucks now :(
Also, how do I configure TTL, TMU and all that stuff, and set it so that the settings are applied when linux starts? And if you could tell me what the optimal settings for a low-speed adsl are, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

I was downloading d4x, is it any good? I'll try them both, though any comments would be helpful :)
Thanks

EDIT:
Just checked the Caitoo website, it doesn't say anything about multisession downloads (I thinks that's what they're called..?)
I'll try it anyway..

wget.

Or, if you like doing the multiple stitched-together-transfer thing, Prozilla.

Configuring ttl, mtu, etc, is done with ifconfig or sysctl or things in /proc I believe. Don't remember the specifics on it, though.

ok, prozilla is what I was looking for. I'll try that and d4x tomorrow, and if I remember I'll post which one worked better for me :)

downloading

Use Opera as your web browser for built-in download managment.

I am using opera, the version 7 pre-beta release :)
What I meant I was looking for was the 'multiple stitched-together-transfer thing', thanks anyway

Back