• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Ok I have finally figured out what im gonna start out with for some cheap cooling etc so will you guys let me know what you think of it.

1. For a pump im just gonna go to the pet store and get one as of right now I dont really have one picked out.

2. Maxxxpert radiator (120mm)

3.Dangerden "maze" waterblock

4.For a resivor im still deciding (which leads to my question below).

Does it really matter which size resivor I have and what "size" would you guys reccomend. I was thinking of using something like a alcohol bottle with 2 holes in the cap for the hoses to go (inline pump not submersible) atleast thast what i want. Or if I could go with something smaller something like a clearasil/oxypad container.

Doesn't matter too much how big the reservoir is, but bigger is better. The bigger it is, the less the temperature of the cooling system will fluctuate.
Alcohol bottle? Hmm.. not sure what you mean.
Hint: you will need 3 holes, don't forget you need to power the pump. Good luck with it.

hehe, inline, only 2 holes in the cap, pump isn't going inside it :D

since your going inline you don't need a res....just a "T" in the line returning from the CPU block with a line going from there to the top of your case to fill the system.

If you really want to go res, I'd get something bigger than an alchohol bottle (only 16oz). get a quart size jar at least. walk around wal mart in the cleaning supplies, something should look good to you (if you don't have a dump nearby like I do :p

Thanks for the help, and by alcohol bottle i meant one of the cheap plastic bottles/containers rubbing alcohol comes in. On the other hand it would be pretty cool to have a beer bottle ontop of your case as a resivor.

Oh, you are using an in-line pump. Hmm.. DOH!

You could use a "t" or a res. If you are going to use a res you may as well get a decent-sized one, at least a pint or so.

Back