• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would i go about making a Game Station???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. get a project box from radio shack, or a drive bay blank.

2. get the appropriate plugs from radioshack or busted mobos.

microphone - two contact 3.5cm headphone type plug and a two contact jack.
line in/out/heaphone - three contact headphone type jack and a three contact jack for each line.
USB - I can send you an asus back panel usb bracket that has one sigle and one double USB plug, and the mobo header for it.
serial - I don't know why you woud want that ugly thing on the front, but to do it, you need to get a male and female plug from radio shack that fits in the end of a serial cord, and get an old 40 pin IDE cable.

to put the sound stuff in, just drill holes the right size and fix them to the blank with the little nuts that come with them. now get some speaker wire, or th IDE cable, and solder them to the apropriate contacts. the pugs and jacks should have a wiring layout on the back of the carton. For the USB, just bolt the whole bracket to the back with holes cut for the ports.

Serial is harder. You need to count the pins in a serial plug and cut a ribbon of that many off the IDE cable. then solder the male plug to one end, and the female to the other. make sure the cord is long enough to get where you need it. make sure you get the pins soldered to the right wires too...

hope this helps. PM me about the bracket.

wait.... i found that the 2 USB things on the front of my other case come off...so i use them...but thanx very much for the offer...

what about a external modem plugs????

Back