• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1700 final thoughts!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Well here is what i came up with after about 4 day's.

1 I cant boot @ anything over 1.75 volts.

2 The highiest I have been able to boot @ was 2.3.

3 Max stable overclock 2.2.

1700 JIUHB0307VPMW DLT3C

2200.gif

temp.gif

The 1.824 volts is my vdd not vcore.

Last edited:
Well 2.2 wasn't good enough but it is alot less volts then my 2100 takes to hit 2.2. My 2100 takes about 1.8 to do 2.2 and 1.9 to do 2.3. Anyway I have my 2100 back in my system now so I'am looking forward to 2.35 stable again.

I guess this one will be going up for sale.

I think unless I hear some really good things about these or if some newer ones come out I'll be getting another 2100.

Sry to hear the 1.8 bad new it may be a system stability issue not just the cpu so if I where you I you be looking for something else that was holding you back.

im thinking of upgrading my ram and my board or both but i cant decide. i've heard ocz ram blows...is this true? and also would it be more beneficial to buy a 512mb stick of some pc3200 ram or buy the abit nf7 v. 1.2? im kind of stuck. the ram costs a bit more but i really am beginning to believe its my wonderful generic pc2700 memory thats holding me back. any thoughts?

I woyld say yes ocz suck's but thats just my opinion. I would get a 512 stick or ram before I bought another board you can always use ram on the other hand you have to have 2 complete systems to use 2 mobo.

I like my hyperx it gives me 212 with 2.77 volts stable on pc3000 not pc3500. It's only about 90 bux for a 512 stick of hyperx 3000 from googlegear.

Pc2700 is gauranteed to run at 166mhz at least hence the pc2700 label. The soyo has alot of options for overclocking but it is not the most stable board.. The Abit is probably the best board on the market for anything and I'll gaurantee that your pc2700 will do over 166 in it..

pctuner@amd said:
Pc2700 is gauranteed to run at 166mhz at least hence the pc2700 label. The soyo has alot of options for overclocking but it is not the most stable board.. The Abit is probably the best board on the market for anything and I'll gaurantee that your pc2700 will do over 166 in it..

I will have to agree even if you cant run 166 you can set the ram to whatever you want and still run the cpu wide open. But if you are looking to save some cash you could get the 8rda it's only like 88 bux.

They have a refurb NF7-S at newegg right now for $89 and all you have to do is get the drivers off the website and you get Sata and 6.1 audio and all the other loaded goodies that make the NF2 chipset so good to own, Why get it if you are not going to use whats already built into the chipset also the Abit has chipset voltage adjustments and the mod is so easy it can be done with a pencil to give you 2.13v across the chipset and that is good for over 233mhz fsb's

Do you have link I want to see this #2 pencil trick?

Look at the Overclockers main webpage there is an article on it right there first thing...

Back