• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best p4 chip for $100-150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yah, if you can hook onto one of the C1 1.8a's or a SL6RZ 2.4b you'd be in great shape (assuming you're oc'n of course)
Otherwise, try and catch a p4 on newegg's refurbs...the other day they had quite a few p4's for some excellent prices...and I've ordered a couple of refurb procs from them, nothing wrong with 'em, some even oc pretty well :)

logos said:

doh!

but do they top out about the same?
definately not. unless you get a 1.8a that is a C1 stepping. which most are not.

the way to guaranteed speed is the 2.4

hey go for the sl6s2...2.53 its about as cheap as you can get and still show max performance many are doing 3.5 plus...i waited a long time for the 2.4;s to get under 200 now they;re 150.00 // i bought my 2.53 for 192...i think they;re in the low 180;s right now..... it;s the best 30 bucks you;ll spend as far as bang for yoiur buck.

preacher,

where did you get your 2.53? What code do you have? Oem or retail?

PJ

preacher said:
hey go for the sl6s2...2.53 its about as cheap as you can get and still show max performance many are doing 3.5 plus...i waited a long time for the 2.4;s to get under 200 now they;re 150.00 // i bought my 2.53 for 192...i think they;re in the low 180;s right now..... it;s the best 30 bucks you;ll spend as far as bang for yoiur buck.

I bought my 2.4 SL6EF from Newegg 2 weeks ago and still it sits in the box on my desk. I at the same time ordered PC1066 from Googlegear and it still isn't freaking here yet. So in the mean time i just ordered another DD waterblock for the new P4 once everything comes together.

$162 for the P4 2.4 C1 by the way shipped! Spend the extra few $'s

Back