• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes... ramsinks....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, so I need to know where to get them at a good price. I want the ones that have the angled 2 outer fins. It's for a 9700 Pro. I'm also going to want to get some arctic silver adhesive, so if anyone can point me the way to a good daler with prices around $25.00 for an 8 pack that also carries the ASAdhesive (other than heatsinkfactory.com cuz they're out), I'd be REALLY appreciative!

TIA guys! :D:D

LOOK CAREFULLY

BGA RAM SINKS FOR RADEON9700 PRO

These are the ones you want and yes they are in stock, if you install the SDRAM sinks you might inadvertantnly touch some other components and electrecute that perfectly awesome R9700Pro.

Bon Chance,

Kam

Re: LOOK CAREFULLY

kamilkluczewski said:
BGA RAM SINKS FOR RADEON9700 PRO

These are the ones you want and yes they are in stock, if you install the SDRAM sinks you might inadvertantnly touch some other components and electrecute that perfectly awesome R9700Pro.

Bon Chance,

Kam

Not if you know what you are doing. The TSOP sinks provide much more surface area than the BGA RAM sinks. Aye, but for twice as much money... just to say it can be done. :D

IMO, the much, much less expensive way is to chop up some pentium heatsinks and make your own. I personally am not paying $24.99 for a few tin-coated pieces of metal. :rolleyes:

How about chopping up an Alpha P7125 :). They're selling for less than $10 now (used).

I would suggest getting Arctic ALUMINA epoxy, because it is ceramic based and will not short out your ram pins. If you get some of that arctic silver epoxy on those ram pins, you are looking for trouble. Plus, the alumina is cheaper :D

Here is a link to it for under 7 bucks.
http://www.svcompucycle.com/araltherad.html

Well, I just odered the BGA ones from Heatsinkfactory. Apparantly I was looking at the wrong batch of 'em. I also got the Arctic Silver Adhesive.

I'll be careful :D

Yeah seriously... I got a cheap hacksaw and a pack of blades for less than $5. Then I made ramsinks for my 9700 pro and my mosfets (total of 12 sinks) out of an old slot 1 heatsink I had sitting around for a few years (probably got out of a lot I bought on ebay). 5$ for 12 sinks sure beats 25$ for 8, at least in my book.

Yeah but I've also got a case window and I don't want to have some ghetto rigged piece in my nice case.

Anyther idea is to take a old heatsink and cut it down to make little heatsinks that bearly cover your RAM chips and Arctic ALUMINA them on. Thats what I did and it worked great.

Amino said:
Yeah but I've also got a case window and I don't want to have some ghetto rigged piece in my nice case.

Back in the day you had to work hard to mod your case..now you can buy hard work w/ out lifting a finger. I can see some really nice stuff out there that I would love to buy but I still like to try some stuff myself...makes it more worthwhile....a sense of accomplishment:) . Take some pride and cut up some sinks...the harder you work the nicer they will look..and your friends will be friggen impressed!

I cut up my own sinks for my vid card. I just could not justify paying for them when I could make em myself. It was way more fun makeing them and cheaper. Just my 2 cents;)

Well when you'e studying 12 hours a day, after coming home from a 6 hour day of school, and are about to take the MCAT, you don't have time to work hard on a mod.

Amino said:
Well when you'e studying 12 hours a day, after coming home from a 6 hour day of school, and are about to take the MCAT, you don't have time to work hard on a mod.

Maybe that explains why you havent read the rules;

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception.

Delete all links in your sig.

Maybe someone's getting a little frustrated at something?

I don't see where there was a link to my URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites. I had a link to my school website, one to a thread, and 3 to the "compare scores" from futuremark. I know for a fact a lot of people have that.

Also, isn't linking to "heatware" a form of advertisement? You're advertising yourself. If I can't link to the UT Austin website, the same should apply to heatware.

All cleared up guys. SickBoy and I are friends again :D. Arguing about case modding may now ensue...

I just like professional work really. I don't want to have to spend money on tools that I'm not going to use either. I mean, I understand the fact that it'll probably save me money at the time, but then I'm stuck with something that's not going to be used very often, and I'm constantly moving from apartment to apartment (being a student), so I want less clutter to bring around. Plus, the fact is that I actually DID do a case mod one, and I was VERY proud of it. It came out just the way I had planned, but needless to say, looking at my coolermaster, I can't hold a candle to the craftsmanship of a professional metal worker. It also uses REAL glass, opposed to plastic, there is laser etching on my glass front bezel door that is illuminated by a blue light that's cleverly hidden in the hinge of the glass door, the corners of the side cut-out are rounded perfectly...

The bottom line is that I may be good at wiring my case and I may be good at light placement, but I sure as heck am not good with cutting metal. I'llleave that up to the pros.

And then there's always the time thing... I'm typing this from the library computer, while taking a break. MCAT... JEEEZ! Any other so-to-be doctors, or real doctors in the house?

Last edited:
HEY

instead of arguing over how to make ramsinks, maybe someone can tell me if there is anything more effective than ramsinks? I've used ramsinks on my old geforece 2 and they worked good but nothing spectacular. my ram on my ti-4600 runs hot in its stock form and i know the cooler the better. What is the most successful vid-ram overclock anyone has accomlished so far?

Back