• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ hangs on 63 Due to using GOOD PS? 2nd one same deal.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

livingelf

I have a 480 True blue PS, now this is going to sound odd, it hangs at 63, but a generic ps with a high 12volt rail will boot my board, i RMA my mobo, they send a "Replacemnet" and i believe its a new one, although they sent all my old stuff back except for my replacement board, it could be the same one, but the Northbridge is definately different, maybe they changed teh northbridge and thats it but i doubt it. Now why the hek does it hang with a GOOD powersupply? anyone ever hear of this one before? BTW my friends 430 Tru power antec don't work either, but my 2 generics work ok. And both antec's work also. Hears the only other info i can give, if my antec is in my other comp for awhile, and i switch it to my epox right away i can actually get past 63, although i cant get into windows, very weird.

Only with generic powrsupply's yea sure i can, but when i use antec's i can't get in cuss it hangs before the hardrive, cd drive, floppy drive recognition.

Hmm well considering i tried my antec with my board all stock then yes. cuss it was the first powersupply i tested, i was assuming it was going to work, had it installed and all and then i find out this crap!, hehe im probably best off either, Modding my antec, buying an adjustable branded PS, or selling the comp with a generic powersupply to this one guy i know, ill try and get him a descent generic PS, i dont feel like doing an rma again the last one took like a hell of a long time.
PS thanx for trying to help, i appreciate it. I did try a bunch of things last time before i RMA'ed including updating the bios.

Only reason i ask is i found that disable apci in bios causes mine to hang at 64 then reboot and only got past it by loading failsafe settings.

Back