• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions on a 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

I've been futzing around for over 3 weeks now. Just upgraded the memory to the OCZ 3200 performance series. Having problems getting past certain points.
System:
AMD XP 2100+ rev B
Asus a7n8x Deluxe bios 1002a
2-512mb OCZ performance 3200 cl2
Visiotek GF 3 64mb DDR
Using a Coolmaster HHC-001 PURE COPPER

My case is an old Hydrolic B with only a 80mm on the side and a 60mm on the back. Both are autosensing so they rarely actually move that much air. I have a Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A on order so that should help temps.

My current settings are 13.5x164=2214 vcore 1.75.
Seems to be stable at this setting under Prime95, sandra and 3dmarks. Temps range from 37-44C idle/load.

I was really hoping to get this puppy to 2300 or so but I haven't been succesful.

Any ideas on approach? Should I maybe drop my multiplier to say 12.5 and try to get FSB to 184+? Or even go to 12x192?

Is my voltage too low to attempt 2300+?

My AIUHB 0303 is running at 18 x 133 = 2400mhz @ 1.8v
(but my mobo is 2 years old, so i had to do LOT'S of mods. Also, my mobo isn't capable of higher fsb speeds than 150, AND it hasn't got a pci lock. So u should be able to get a LOT higher)

Just use a lil more vcore, the max I would use is 2.0, but that depends on lot's of things. Just check your monitor in your bios and c whether the cpu temps are going up fast or not. If it goes up fast (about 1 degree / sec), u upped your vcore to high.
Also, try using a 200mhz fsb. Put it at 5 x 200 and c whether it's stable or not. If it is, your system is capable of doing 200mhz fsb. Afterwards, up the multiplier til your system hangs up.
Btw, don't forget to put your memory voltage at 2.8!!

You may also want to increase some of your RAM timings, it helped me get to a max speed of 148MHz FSB. My processor needs to be unlocked.

I would have to suggest looking into increasing your case airflow anyway you can. Even though your reporting decent core temps, all the other components on the mobo (ie: mosfets and capacitors, nb and sb, etc...) need better cooling once you start stressing them with higher than factory spec speeds. And as far as your voltages go, as long as your core temps are staying within acceptable ranges, don't be afraid to to put some voltage to it. It should be just fine as long as you maintain decent temps.

Hello fellow droogy! Love the pic!!

I am at a loss:mad:

I have approached from lowering the multiplier way down and then uping the FSB to like 190. Then slowely upping the multiplier. I have tried from 4 different direction to get the sucker over 2.3ghz to no avail. When I uped the vcore to 1.80 and the mem volt to 2.8 I wasn't able to get as high as I was before:(

I'm back at 2.21 ghz running stable though load will reach up to 45C. Back at 1.75vcore and 2.6 on ram with it set to optimsl on Ram.
I'm really starting to get frustrated!!!!!!!! All I want is 2.3ish.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...duct_Code=100029&Category_Code=C1-Thermaltake
I have a Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Black in transit now. If that doesn't solve the case temps....

Yes I have been able to get it as high as 180x12 but then if I pump up the multiplier to 13 it starts blowing errors in Prime95

Making small adjustments I have gotten it up to 13.5x166=2241 Vcore is at 1.75 memory is set to optimal and volt is 2.6.
So far stable. Temps are at 39C idle 45C full load.
My temps are running alittle high due to case temps being aroun 32C. Room temp is 75 currently.

I forgot to right down the numbers on the proc. I know it is a AIUHB but not sure of the other numbers. Is there any way to get them without having to pull the cpucooler off?

Ok, new case delivered and installed. Good news is my case temps and MB temps have dropped considerably. Even underload my MB temp doesn't go past 28C now. On a sour note I found out the Asus Utility I was using for temps was almost 10C off on the processor. So while I thought I was getting 45C it was really 55C. Now it is reporting 32-37C and my Hardcano is saying 37-45C depending on load and room temp.
The case is:
http://www.thermaltake.com/products/xaser3/v1000a.htm

Below in sig are my current settings.

Still would like to get this box up to 2300+mhz.

Should I attempt re-burning it in? ie lower MHZ and up the vcore and mem volt and run prime95?

BTW it is a AIUHB 0301.

Back