• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My water is GREEN and I didn't use anti-freeze!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ecto_Cooler

Registered
I used some distilled water and a little bit of purple ice in my system. It's been about two months now and I opened up my case to check things out and my water is freakin green!! It used to have a slight purple tint to it...

Could this be some fungus or some crap? Or corroding metals?

Life has spawned in your watercooling system! I hope its not intelligent.

I could be corrosion breaking loose from the radiator. But i don't have a clue. but i guess its spring cleaning time.

goodluck

I'm using the maze 3 along with the Black and Chrome heatercore from becooling. I have no clue what metals are in the heatercore. I just assumed it was all copper.. but I have no clue.

well ecto, clean everything out with CLR, making sure not to use too much on copper parts for long durations and then re-assemble the system with some water and some form of antifreeze or pet store algicide and that should help you for the future

CLR?

Is there a way for a really lazy slob to do all of this "cleaning" crap?

If you use the CLR (calcium lime rust) it should come right out, i take it from your last post that you havent heard of CLR, it pretty good stuff, you can use it for shower heads, and they will start spraying right, you might have something else by the same name where ever you are, it shouldn't take to much effort to clean it

In my large res

In my large resovoir of just straight water after a year of use i had a lovley little colony of um well gak around the pipe that feeds back after the cycle. They never caused any trouble (no late night drinking or swearing LOL) and they didnt increase my temps as I noticed. But i wouldnt let it get out of hand i think they eat the mice that seemed to crawl in.

After a fresh load of water go get some bacto killer.

Back