• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7s333 Overclocking Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

okeydokee guys,i have at long last i have upgraded my m/b from the chaintec to ASUS A7S33,i also invested in a new duron chip 1.3ghz,to which i wanted to o/c.
The worst thing happened i chipped the heat sink mount on the chip when clipping the fan and heat sink to the board.so now im back on my 950 duron which i had o/c to 1100mhz on the chaintec bord.
the problem i first had with the 1.3ghz was the temp went to 65 deg celsius,when loading windows it would lock down when i hit around 15% on putting the operating system on.
so i remounted the heatsink then thats when i chipped the top of the chip.
so i put the 950 back in and have had no probs except i still get a tempeture of 60 deg cels.to which i feel is rather near melt down.
yet on the chaintech board it only ever got to 50 deg.
i have a fan that runs at 5500rpm.i must also let you no i have not put any thermal compound on the chip.
so whats gone wrong.
also what chip would best suit this board for o/cing.
the mutiplyer will go to 17x the cpu frq will go to 133 and the dram will go to166mhz.
i have some know how on o/c a chip but the frequency changes and setup of the board and chip frequency i no very little about
so some advice on how to get this board up and running would be appricated,i can go upto around £50 [$75] on a new chip.
also i would like some input on a new agp card for this board.

thanx for the prevoius input some weeks back from everyone on what board to buy.

also i have read that the asus a7s333 is to say not very good but only found this out after buying it,but hey i only paid £40 [$65]

:sn:

Putting thermal compound on the CPU would be a very good idea. I use Artic Silver 3, and I'm pleased with the results.

Also, Asus boards are known to over-read temps by as much as 10c.

Using ANY thermal compound designed for the purpose is a REQUIREMENT for newer processors, not a suggestion.

Use a very small amount, and smear it in evenly in alternating circles on both the core and heatsink. You don't want too much.

Your temps will plummet.

Back