• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Dilemma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nero

Now that I've found a buyer for my trusty old Crucial PC2100, its time for me to buy new RAM. Here are my choices:

Kingston 512MB PC3000 - $90 @ googlear/excaliburpc
Kingston 512MB PC2700 - $75 @ goglear/excaliburpc
TwinMOS 512MB PC2700 (TwinMOS brand chips) - $63 @ MemoryX

Ideally, I want to push my TBredB 2100+ as far as it can go, and not be held back by the memory (as is the case right now with my PC2100). The HyperX PC3000 will allow me to do that, but it's $15 more than the PC2700 version, and a full $25 (incl. S&H) more than the TwinMOS. After shipping, I could have a full GB of ram for only $130. While $130 is kind of out of budget, I could swing it if it meant getting a gig of decent RAM (meaning I wouldn't spend $120 on 512 of TwinMOS PC3200).

Do any of you have experience with TwinMOS ram that uses Twinmos chips? What would you guys suggest?

Can't comment on the Twin but I love my HyperX.
I'v got 1GB of PC-3000 and it's OCed to PC-3200 at 2-2-2-6 with no overvolting. From other posts that seems to be pretty common.

T.

HyperX stuff looks to be very good, and as an added bonus it doesnt have problems with nf2 like corsair

Back