• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ide raid in Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onyx

Registered
I have a promise tx2 ide raid controller I use to stripe my main workstation. Has anyone had any luck setting up a promise ide raid controller in linux. I am also interested if someone has a different ide raid controller that the they have had success with. (I would consider a different controller if it would work)

How about striping with software raid? The tx2 is a firmware raid card, isn't it?

If you're just going to use your array in Linux a software RAID will work just fine. I think Promise has decent Linux driver support if you check their web site, though.
:D:D

If you're just going to use your array in Linux a software RAID will work just fine. I think Promise has decent Linux driver support if you check their web site, though.

What the heck is going on??? weird... I must have accidentally edited your post, Christoph, because your post reads the exact same as mine. I wonder what you said originally...

sorry....:eek:

SickBoy said:
What the heck is going on??? weird... I must have accidentally edited your post, Christoph, because your post reads the exact same as mine. I wonder what you said originally...

sorry....:eek:

Nope. I did that on purpose. The forum clock got off by 5 hours, and for a couple hours it was possible to post in the middle of a thread. I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that.

Unfortunately, I also unintentionally "took over" the first post in another thread.

Back