• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black ice pro/extreme users post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

How about some temps on rigs? just kinda to see how these things actually perform. Have found very little in terms of actual temps on systems. will add my temps when I get mine in a few days.

I used BIX (not the dual one) and I found that it did not perform to my expectation. I use big arse heatercore in my revised setup. Works much better.

I have a BIX but there are so many variables that contribute to the temperature:

- CPU wattage
- fan
- ambient temperature
- cpu block
- etc.etc.etc.

that posting temperatures is pretty irrelevant :( I am sure that I could get better temperatures with a better heatercore but then it wouldn't fit in my case ;)

MikeTimbers said:
I have a BIX but there are so many variables that contribute to the temperature:

- CPU wattage
- fan
- ambient temperature
- cpu block
- etc.etc.etc.

that posting temperatures is pretty irrelevant :( I am sure that I could get better temperatures with a better heatercore but then it wouldn't fit in my case ;)

This has a lot to do with why you don't see a lot of comparisons of system temperatures... too many variables to compare much at all.

It might be interesting to see what people are getting, but temps have no reflection of any specific component or what is really going on in the system.

Ok FWIW here are my results. First off the variables in my case:

1. CPU ~ 90 Watts
2. GPU ~ ?? Watts (see sig, Vagp ~ 1.75, anyone have any idea?)
3. Hydor pump rated @~ 30 Watts
4. Ambient temp ~ 72-80°F
5. Low case airflow
6. One Papst fan @56 cfm, no shroud

Load temps average 50°C -- This is an Abit board, according to many it reports temps 5-10°C higher than reality.

I have a BIX:

I recently cut my delta 86CFM down to 5V and now my full load temps

are at most 50C. Since my system is as stable as when i had it at 40C full load the added quietness is much better :D

I have a black ice pro
Maze 3 block
Hydor L20 pump
1/2 inch tubes.

I overclock a 2ghz celeron to a 3ghz.

I ran a Sandra burn test, 30 times in a row. Lowest temp was 31C, highest was 40.5. So it reported my average temp at 36.1

Back