• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about honey x bios...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustymaitland

hey everyone. i picked up an ecs k7s5a off of this guy for a really cheap price. currently have one running so i said for the money i would pick another one up. anyhow, this guy flashed the bios and all is fine. when my xp 1700+ boots it shows up as an xp 1800+ cpu. went into cpu setup and the cpu speed is set to 133/133mhz and the cpu frequency and dram frequency is set to 100mhz respectively. if i try to set it to anything else but these settings the cpu will either boot as 1.1ghz or won't boot at all. is there anything i can do to properly have the cpu detected to what it should be?
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.

it shows up as 1800+ because the honey-x bios uses 133.9 instead of the slightly underclocked default that the official bios uses, don't worry about it, just set it to 133/133 and all will be fine

Honey Bios

yes the Honey X bios and the Cheepo bios that I use have 133.9mhz and some of the other new mhz have been upped just a tad to increase stability. So you have no worries just a slightly faster running cpu

Back