• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about flashing ssd enclosure that use's an ASM2364 controller.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I'm getting a few ssd enclosure's that use the ASM2364 controller and if they come with older firmware I want to update them because I don't like running older firmware I like to keep things updated.

I have tried looking on youtube and other place but I can't find anything on how to this other then one video.

To me it looks like the guy in the video flash's the controller first with new firmware then changes the dump firmware,is talking about changing the old firmware or the new firmware,does the new firmware changed after the controller is flashed with new firmware.

Can you be more specific on what exactly you're flashing? Like the brand and model of device, please?

Interesting. Not sure. I've never looked into such a thing (why??!!). I just run my drives on my enclosures. If there's a problem I would perhaps look into it, but otherwise, I wouldn't touch that.

Anyway, apologies I can't help... hopefully someone can. Please post back a resolution though.

I normally like to run my enclosure's the way they are but with some of them from what I have found is that they function properly but can have small problems that can anyone.

For example I have really good enclosure's from a company called Unionsine and also HIKSEMI that use the Realtek RTL9210B usb controller and with the older firmware when used with some newer ssd's I found that that activity led will blink so fast when the enclosure is in use that it looks like a solid light.

My friend use's Handbrake a lot and use's a portable ssd as his working folder and the led can blink so fast it looks like a solid light and that means when he walked away he could tell when the conversion was done.

By flashing the RTL9210B with newer firmware makes the light blink at a proper speed that you can tell when the conversion is done.

Back